Tuesday, April 22, 2014

By Small and Simple Things...

From Lorne Kyle's Journal

"During a fast and testimony meeting while I was branch president in Saskatoon, one of the sisters bore a very moving testimony in which she expressed her gratitude for her children but made no mention of her husband who was not a member of the church.

Following the meeting I asked her if she, at the next fast meeting, thank the Lord for her husband and mention what a good father and husband he was. The sister was quite startled by my request but she readily agreed to do as I asked her. I cannot recall if her husband was at the next meeting but I think he was.

It was not long after that this young man started attending church on a fairly regular basis. After the railway transferred me to Vancouver I lost touch with they family. However, One Sunday when I was visiting a branch in Ottawa, I met the sister who told me her husband had joined the church and was an active elder. Later I met this elder and immediately I noticed what a change had come over him. It was evident to me from his greeting that he was happy in his new calling. This experience left a deep impression on me. One never knows what little things will influence a person to join the church."


No comments:

Post a Comment